This page archives collected news and commentary concerning resources for better stewardship of places, including tourism management.
- Faroe Islands' Tourism Strategy Ticks All the Boxes | Sustainable Brands
"Preservolution" approach engages locals and tourists
- India's Jains Protest Tourism Nod for Shikharji Temple | Adda 24-7
- New, Lasting, Economic Models Of Tourism | Code Blue
- Is Tourism Bad For Us? | Guardian
- EU to Look at New Ways to Measure Tourism | Skift
- Melting and broke, a Vermont Ski Town Remakes Itself | NY Times
Climate-ravaged Ascutney rebuilds for resiliency.
- China to Apply Metaverse to Tourism Hotspot | Global Times
Zhangjiajie center aims to build world of Avatar, filmed there
- Seville Eyes Big Data for Managing Tourism | Tourism Review
- U.S. National Parks Test Timed Entry Tickets | WSJ
- Sustainable Tourism Gains Ground in 20+ Countries | Yahoo Finance
Scandinavia tops, says Euromonitor report
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.
About Jonathan Tourtellot
CEO, Destination Stewardship Center; Editor, Destination Stewardship Report; Principal, Focus on Places LLC; founding Director, former Nat Geo Center for Sustainable Destinations