Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Sorbonne Study: Airbnb Reigns in Reykjavik | Iceland Review
- Overtourism on Santorini "A Huge Problem" | Argophilia
- Do Cruise Ships Cause Overtourism? | CNN
- Overtourism, Climate Change Afflict Lake Baikal | South China Morning Post
- Using Taxes for Overtourism | Skift
Traveler taxes for better management, not marketing
- Landscape Art Helps Rural N Dak | CBS
Huge sculptures attract tourists, doubts
- Sargassum Bedevils Carib Beaches | The Scientist
Fueled by Amazon deforestation?
- Clarksdale Blues Heritage Saved | PBS News Hour
In Mississippi, the true value of cultural tourism.
- Three Overtourism Solutions | ATTA News
- How "Overtourism" Strains Destinations | CBS News
The o-t term is going mainstream.
- Tourists See Climate Change in U.S. Parks | Washington Post
- Overtourism Is Blowing Fuses Globally | Atlantic
- Bieber Not To Blame for Icelandic Overtourism | NBC News
At least, not entirely.
- What Overtourism Really Means | Adventure Travel News
- Belize Triples MarineProtected Areas | Ecoclub
- Rise of Overlooked African Parks | WSJ
Spread of safari parks is good news for wildlife.
- Antarctic Tourism Growing—Too Much? | PBS
Even-handed profile of current status.
- European Roundup on Overtourism | Spiegel
- Online Influencers Spoil Paris Charm | Venturebeat
Growing plague: Over-Instagramming.
- Maine's Boothbay Favors Lobsters Over Luxury | Bangor Daily News
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.