Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Maasai Eviction for Tourism Meets a Big "No" | Africa News
Ecotourism benefit to locals not apparent.
- Latest Taj Mahal Threat? Politics | Skift
- Scottish Island Tames Campervan Crunch | Guardian
Tiree’s Croft Camping scheme does the trick.
- UAE’s Ras al Khaima Loses Sustainability Cred | Skift
- Activists Warn Maya Train Would Hurt Yucatán Heritage, Nature | Art Newspaper
- Kyrgystan Plan for "Eco-City" Threatens Environment | Radio Free Europe
Tourist city may hurt ecosystem
- Palau's Tourism Slump Fuels Move to Shrink No-Fishing Zone | Time
- Post-Covid Tourism Surge Riles Hawaiians | Euronews
- Seychelle Island's Car Ban at Risk | BBC
La Digue moves to protect its carlessness.
- Yellowstone Wolves Spark New Debate – Ecotourism vs Ranching | CBS News
Buffer-zone hunting splits communities.
- Riviera Maya Draws Partygoers, Drugs, Homicides | WSJ
- Colorado DMOs Freed to Tackle Crowding | Colorado Sun
Legislature removes marketing restriction.
- Is Tourism Bad For Us? | Guardian
- Thailand's Trashed Maya Bay Has Reopened | Asia Media
Sustainable maybe, but as a photo op?
- Ukrainian Airbnb Bookings Surge to Aid Resistance | CNN
- Prized Ukrainian Architectural Heritage at Risk | WSJ
- Viriginia's Shenandoah NP Tests New Hiking Fees | Washington Post
Overtourism controls come to hyper-popular Old Rag
- Tennessee Valley Stewardship Council Expands | Cision
Seven-state geotourism program adds new directors.
- EU to Look at New Ways to Measure Tourism | Skift
- 5 Destinations Charging an Entry Fee in 2022 | Travel Off Path
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.