Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- S Korea Hikers Turn Tourist Trash to Art | Reuters
- Costa Rican Beach Town Showcases Green/Blue Tourism Recovery | FT
- S Utah Wants More Bed-Tax Help for Stewardship | KUER-fm
To rectify marketing-management imbalance.
- How Green Investment Helps Conserve Island Waters | Washington Post
Tourist-dependent paradises can benefit
- UAE Loosens Islamic Laws to Boost Tourism | Aljazeera
- Bahamian Activists to Cruise Lines: Pony Up! | Tribune
- Nature Suffers Flood of Unschooled Tourists at Tahoe | Washington Post
A Covid-era global phenomenon, it seems.
- Mexico Plans Comprehensive Sustainable Tourism | Travel to Latam
- Greece's Kythera Among Places Debating Turbines vs Tourists | Thomasnet
- Tourism, Mining Threaten Jamaican Mtn Habitat | Gleaner
- Ecotourists Prefer Selfies To Helping Nature | Phys.org
- Rebuild Tourism Sustainably | World Economic Forum
- Anglo Holiday Homes Disrupt Wales | WSJ
- How Tourism Can Help Protect Biodiversity | WTM (video)
- CEO: Airbnb Has Lost Its Way |MPAmagazine
Admirable, but will he fix it?
- Thailand Moves To Save Coral Reefs | Bangkok Post
- After the Hiatus, "Regenerative Travel"? | NY Times
So says Future of Tourism Coalition among others
- 3 Africans Discuss "Conservation Hunting" | Into the Wild podcast
Local points of view, too rarely heard.
- Voluntourism After Covid-19 | World Economic Forum
- Kyoto Tempted to Rethink Tourism | WSJ
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.