Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Clarksdale Blues Heritage Saved | PBS News Hour
In Mississippi, the true value of cultural tourism.
- Three Overtourism Solutions | ATTA News
- How "Overtourism" Strains Destinations | CBS News
The o-t term is going mainstream.
- Tourists See Climate Change in U.S. Parks | Washington Post
- Overtourism Is Blowing Fuses Globally | Atlantic
- Bieber Not To Blame for Icelandic Overtourism | NBC News
At least, not entirely.
- What Overtourism Really Means | Adventure Travel News
- Belize Triples MarineProtected Areas | Ecoclub
- Rise of Overlooked African Parks | WSJ
Spread of safari parks is good news for wildlife.
- Antarctic Tourism Growing—Too Much? | PBS
Even-handed profile of current status.
- European Roundup on Overtourism | Spiegel
- Online Influencers Spoil Paris Charm | Venturebeat
Growing plague: Over-Instagramming.
- Maine's Boothbay Favors Lobsters Over Luxury | Bangor Daily News
- Chinese Tourist Flood Does Little for Cambodia | SCMP
- In Moab: Money vs. Overtourism Control | Salt Lake Tribune
- Komodo Island Closure Debated | Antara News
- Tut's Tomb Now Tourist-Proof | Town&Country
- Rise of the Anti-Tour | Guardian
Fed-up millennials lead the search for authenticity
- Intl Trips Hit 1.4 Billion | Travel Daily
Two years sooner than UNWTO forecast.
- Overtourism Spreads | TravelMole
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.