Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Will "No-Fly" Hurt Nature? | LinkedIn
No tourists in Africa = no lions in Africa.
- Tahoe Links Up Kind Traveler Incentive | TravelPulse
- Fodors "NO" List Adds Matterhorn, Big Sur, Hanoi, & More | Fodors
Plus 52 good to go.
- Destinations Snub Hated Tourist Types | CNN Travel
Day-trippers, big groups, "begpackers," hen/stag parties not welcome.
- Controversial Cable Car Approved | Jerusalem Post
Would transport Old City tourists to Western Wall.
- Tourists Rush to Beat Uluru Climbing Ban | Reuters
Clambering up the sacred rock stops 27 Oct.
- Amsterdam Tourist Tax To Top Any in Eurrope | CNN
Can €3 a night tame overtourism?
- Goa Village Bans Migrants from Tourism | Business Standard
Claim: "The very identity of a Goan is at risk."
- VR Vacations Could Relieve Overtourism | Bloomberg
At least for those averse to crowds.
- Study: DMO Roles Turning Toward Management | Phocus Wire
- High Komodo Fee Will Fight Overtourism | Bloomberg
Good for the dragons, bad for people?
- San Miguel A. To Go Green | Travel Pulse
- Bolsonaro Targets Fernando de Noronha | Washington Post
Would turn the World Heritage island into a new Cozumel.
- Urban-Planning Students Tackle Overtouristed Crete | ABC News
- Tourism Pledges Gain Favor | NY Times
Pleased to see us quoted in this story.
- Europe's Dilemma: Airbnb Yays and Nays | FT
"Touristification" disrupts historic cities.
- How Govts Create Overtourism: Utah | WSJ
- Will Sand Mining Ruin Scenic Utah? | Independent
- Low Season Travel Spares the Place and the Person | Travindy
- The Dutch Confront Tourism | Atlantic
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.