Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- More Bison Helps Alberta's Indigenous Tourism | Nat Geo
- EVs Replace Horses in Jordan's Petra | Euronews
Is this a good thing?
- Thailand's Popular Maya Beach Reopens | T&L
With controls this time.
- Small Utah Town Exemplifies Resident vs Resort Debates | KUER
- Saudi Speeds Development of Al-'Ula |Arabian Business
Ancient site to be a brand new tourism hotspot.
- Little Thrill in Hong Kong Historic Buildings | SC Post Magazine
"Revitalised, unappealing, sanitised, and lifeless"
- In the Philippines, a Milder, Greener Boracay | BBC
- France's Lourdes Rethinks Tourism | NatGeo
The pandemic triggers a reboot at the pilgrimage site.
- Whale Shark Tourism Stirs Debate | NY Times
Is Philippine town's shark-feeding hurtful or symbiotic?
- Uh Oh: Wales Wins Another UNESCO Nod | Fodor's
- Seville Eyes Big Data for Managing Tourism | Tourism Review
- Saint-Valery-sur-Somme, Fr.: Trop de Touristes? | L'Éclaireur
- Bali Without Tourists: Photos | Guardian
- Tourism Kills Pig Factory Bid in Arkansas, USA | Civil Eats
Rare win: Scenery trumps industrial hog farm.
- O‘ahu, Hawai‘i Plans Regenerative Tourism | LP
More thought, fewer tourists.
- Greece to Fight Overtourism | GTP
But bring it to Thessaloniki?
- U.S. National Parks Test Timed Entry Tickets | WSJ
- Inflight Video Asks Hawaii's Visitors to Behave | Travel&Leisure
- Covid-linked Rural Tourism Surge Sparks ATV Conflicts | Florida News Times
- Indigenous Tours in Canada Take a New Tack | Washington Post
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.