Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Colorado: Towns Must Help Feds Cope with Overtourism | Pew
Congressional cuts leave Forest Service crippled.
- Trip Advisor Adds Social "Travel Feed" On Destinations | Adweek
- Seaweed Trashes Caribbean Beaches | Washington Post
Pollution, warming seas fuel invading sargassum.
- Florida Tourism-Killing Red Tide Reeks — of Politics | Washington Post
- Cruise Ship Hits Ground in Canadian Arctic | High North News
Warning shot under the bow for cruise traffic in remote areas.
- Kerala Floods Ruin Tourism, Prompt a Rethink | Khaleej Times
- Critics Assail Crowding on Nayarit Islands | Mexico Daily News
- Hotter Climate May Move European Tourist Season | NBCNews
- TV Show Feeds Overtourism in Cornwall | Cornwall Live
- Amergris Caye Resort vs Marine Reserve | 5Belize
- New Zaryadye Urban Park Draws Praise | Economist
Moscow does manufactured nature right.
- Tourist-Only Beach Idea Riles Egyptians | Al-Monitor
- Cable-Car Debate Returns to Machu Picchu | Peruvian Times
- "Yosemiteland" Podcasts Explore Overtourism at the Park | NPR
- Tips for Millennials on Avoiding Overtourism | UPROXX
- Yosemite Grove Reopens |Mercury News
Mariposa sequoias ready for heavy tourist flow.
- Resource Announced for Natural/Cutural Heritage Conservation | Heritage
The new "Heritage" journal is open-access.
- Travel Industry Begins to Reduce Plastics | Washington Post
- Venice Tests Floodgates—For Tourists | Citylab
Turnstiles would bar daytrippers
- Backlash on Bulgarian Ski Resort Continues | Emerging Europe
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.