Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Rise of Overlooked African Parks | WSJ
Spread of safari parks is good news for wildlife.
- Antarctic Tourism Growing—Too Much? | PBS
Even-handed profile of current status.
- European Roundup on Overtourism | Spiegel
- Online Influencers Spoil Paris Charm | Venturebeat
Growing plague: Over-Instagramming.
- Maine's Boothbay Favors Lobsters Over Luxury | Bangor Daily News
- Chinese Tourist Flood Does Little for Cambodia | SCMP
- In Moab: Money vs. Overtourism Control | Salt Lake Tribune
- Komodo Island Closure Debated | Antara News
- Tut's Tomb Now Tourist-Proof | Town&Country
- Rise of the Anti-Tour | Guardian
Fed-up millennials lead the search for authenticity
- Intl Trips Hit 1.4 Billion | Travel Daily
Two years sooner than UNWTO forecast.
- Overtourism Spreads | TravelMole
- Why Visit Puerto Rico | NY Times
Wounded destinations need thoughtful visitors. Now.
- Venice To Charge Daytrippers | CBS News
Italian parliament approves up to 10€ per entry.
- Philippines To Tackle Crowded El Nido | Rappler
- "Staynative" Links NZ Tourists to Maori Families | Travindy
- Wildlife, Beware of Ecotourists! | Treehugger
Travelers, please don't infect the animals.
- Rome to Restrict Tour Buses | Skift
- Arctic Norway Confronts Overtourism | Travel Weekly
- Italian Village Now Charges Tourists Admission | Telegraph
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.