Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Covid-linked Rural Tourism Surge Sparks ATV Conflicts | Florida News Times
- Indigenous Tours in Canada Take a New Tack | Washington Post
- Iceland Rethinks Tourism | CN Traveler
- Nez Perce Woman Sets Model for Indigenous Tourism | Washington Post
- How a Japanese Village Won a Top-100 Nod | SB
Coping with rural overtourism.
- Dubrovnik Survives Tourists, Covid, and All | CNN
- Venice To Enact Entry Fee? | Forbes
- Cities Seek Fewer Returning Tourists | Sun
- Placemaking Win for Tiny Virginia Town | Washington Post
Perseverance snagged $34 million for Hillsboro.
- Italy Feels Tourism Relief and Dread | WSJ
- Keeping Sense of Place While Boosting Tourism | Door County Pulse
Thoughtful piece from Wisconsin, USA
- Liverpool Loses World Heritage Listing | NY Times
Insensitive redevelopment spoils waterfront authenticity.
- Cruise Lines Drown Local Wishes | Yahoo
In Key West and Venice, megaship bans get overruled.
- French National Park Discourages Tourists | Washington Post
Overtrod Calanques launches de-marketing campaign
- Kenyan Conservancies Survive Loss of Tourism | Nat Geo (subscribers only)
- Venice: Quiet No More | WSJ
- U.S. National Parks Strain Under Visitor Influx | WSJ
Overtourism returns as gates close early
- Nantucket Locals War Over Vacation Rentals | WSJ
STR issue polarizes U.S. island
- Fresh Start for Overcrowded Europe? | DW
- Hawaiians Want Fewer Tourists | Star-Advertiser
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.