This page archives collected how-to items of interest to geotravelers, including new perspectives on travel that gets behind the scenes.
- Travel Is Worth the CO2 | Outside
If the conscientious stay home, who will define tourism?
- In Hawaii, Overtourism = Ignorant Tourists
Shift from golfing to hiking adds strain.
- The "Scattered Hotel" Helps Revive Italian Villages | Skift
An albergo diffuso uses restored rooms in different buildings.
- Will "No-Fly" Hurt Nature? | LinkedIn
No tourists in Africa = no lions in Africa.
- Tahoe Links Up Kind Traveler Incentive | TravelPulse
- Destinations Snub Hated Tourist Types | CNN Travel
Day-trippers, big groups, "begpackers," hen/stag parties not welcome.
- Florida County Bars NY Times, Prompts Boycott | Citrus County Chronicle
Tourist clout in action.
- VR Vacations Could Relieve Overtourism | Bloomberg
At least for those averse to crowds.
- Tourism Pledges Gain Favor | NY Times
Pleased to see us quoted in this story.
- Get More Out of Travel | Farnam Street
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.