These pages archive news and commentary in all categories, collected from the internet. To see our own posts, use the Blog tab.To filter news items by category, use menu subtabs. For example, the “geotourism” section shows only news related to that topic.
- Sustainable Tourism Gains Ground in 20+ Countries | Yahoo Finance
Scandinavia tops, says Euromonitor report
- Indonesia's Lombok Project Draws Fire | UN News
- Eyeing Tourism, Ukraine Seeks World Heritage Listing for Chernobyl | Newsweek
- Nepal's Rhinos Increased As Tourism Decreased | WSJ
- Bitter Battle Over Baikal Tourism Development | CNN
Who cares for Russia's “sacred lake”?
- Taming Crowds at Milford Sound | Stuff (NZ)
- Damming Uganda's Murchison Falls – Taking Green Too Far? | Prio
- Invest in a Future Free From Overtourism | Maui News
- The New Overtourism Debate | Travel Weekly
Pushback against crowds is taking hold – at what cost?
- Finally, Venice Bans Cruise Ships | CNN
- Amsterdam Debates Tourism Reflation | NYTimes
Sex, drugs, and short-term rentals
- Farmers Team Up With Airbnb | Queensland Country Life
- Post-Pandemic Tourism Needs New Metrics | Skift
Beyond arrivals and GDP
- Florida Likely To Overrule Key West's Ban on Megaships | Washington Post
So much for letting communities manage their cruise tourism.
- Pandemic Prompts Sustainability Travel Trend | Washington Post
DSC gets a brief mention.
- Dirty Tourism Threatens Lake Baikal | Third Pole
- Maui Islands Look to Redefine Tourism | Eturbo
Moving to management from mere marketing.
- Florence Plans New Solution to Overtourism | CNN
To disperse the crowds, disperse the museum.
- Tourism Braces for Slow Rebound | WSJ
- Locals Fear Repeat Alaska Cruise Hiatus | Washington Post
- USA: New Natl Park Nod for WV | Washington Post
Locals divided on New River Gorge uplift.
- Vanuatu Plans GSTC-Sustainable Tourism Recovery | IISD
- VisitScotland Joins "Tourism Declares a Climate Emergency" | S China Morning Post
First national tourism board to do so.
- Maldivians Blast Eco-Reckless Resorts | Raajje
- Paris Aspires to Highest Green by 2030 | Timeout
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.