These pages archive news and commentary in all categories, collected from the internet. To see our own posts, use the Blog tab.To filter news items by category, use menu subtabs. For example, the “geotourism” section shows only news related to that topic.
- In the Philippines, a Milder, Greener Boracay | BBC
- France's Lourdes Rethinks Tourism | NatGeo
The pandemic triggers a reboot at the pilgrimage site.
- Whale Shark Tourism Stirs Debate | NY Times
Is Philippine town's shark-feeding hurtful or symbiotic?
- Uh Oh: Wales Wins Another UNESCO Nod | Fodor's
- Seville Eyes Big Data for Managing Tourism | Tourism Review
- Saint-Valery-sur-Somme, Fr.: Trop de Touristes? | L'Éclaireur
- Bali Without Tourists: Photos | Guardian
- Tourism Kills Pig Factory Bid in Arkansas, USA | Civil Eats
Rare win: Scenery trumps industrial hog farm.
- O‘ahu, Hawai‘i Plans Regenerative Tourism | LP
More thought, fewer tourists.
- Greece to Fight Overtourism | GTP
But bring it to Thessaloniki?
- U.S. National Parks Test Timed Entry Tickets | WSJ
- Inflight Video Asks Hawaii's Visitors to Behave | Travel&Leisure
- Covid-linked Rural Tourism Surge Sparks ATV Conflicts | Florida News Times
- Indigenous Tours in Canada Take a New Tack | Washington Post
- Iceland Rethinks Tourism | CN Traveler
- Nez Perce Woman Sets Model for Indigenous Tourism | Washington Post
- How a Japanese Village Won a Top-100 Nod | SB
Coping with rural overtourism.
- Dubrovnik Survives Tourists, Covid, and All | CNN
- Venice To Enact Entry Fee? | Forbes
- Cities Seek Fewer Returning Tourists | Sun
- Placemaking Win for Tiny Virginia Town | Washington Post
Perseverance snagged $34 million for Hillsboro.
- Italy Feels Tourism Relief and Dread | WSJ
- Keeping Sense of Place While Boosting Tourism | Door County Pulse
Thoughtful piece from Wisconsin, USA
- Liverpool Loses World Heritage Listing | NY Times
Insensitive redevelopment spoils waterfront authenticity.
- Cruise Lines Drown Local Wishes | Yahoo
In Key West and Venice, megaship bans get overruled.
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.