These pages archive news and commentary in all categories, collected from the internet. To see our own posts, use the Blog tab.To filter news items by category, use menu subtabs. For example, the “geotourism” section shows only news related to that topic.
- Bulgaria Urged to Save Huge Concrete Oddity | Egypt Today
Is saucerlike Buzludzha an architectural wonder?
- Hue to Seize Parkland for Tourist Complex | Vietnamnet
How not to do ecotourism
- Key West Visionary Dies at 99 | Miami Herald
David Wolkowsky mastered of sense of place
- Paris Bookstalls at Risk | WSJ
UNESCO bid #2
- Paris Bistros at Risk | France 24
UNESCO bid #1
- Colorado: Towns Must Help Feds Cope with Overtourism | Pew
Congressional cuts leave Forest Service crippled.
- Trip Advisor Adds Social "Travel Feed" On Destinations | Adweek
- Seaweed Trashes Caribbean Beaches | Washington Post
Pollution, warming seas fuel invading sargassum.
- Florida Tourism-Killing Red Tide Reeks — of Politics | Washington Post
- Cruise Ship Hits Ground in Canadian Arctic | High North News
Warning shot under the bow for cruise traffic in remote areas.
- Kerala Floods Ruin Tourism, Prompt a Rethink | Khaleej Times
- Critics Assail Crowding on Nayarit Islands | Mexico Daily News
- Hotter Climate May Move European Tourist Season | NBCNews
- TV Show Feeds Overtourism in Cornwall | Cornwall Live
- Amergris Caye Resort vs Marine Reserve | 5Belize
- New Zaryadye Urban Park Draws Praise | Economist
Moscow does manufactured nature right.
- Tourist-Only Beach Idea Riles Egyptians | Al-Monitor
- Cable-Car Debate Returns to Machu Picchu | Peruvian Times
- "Yosemiteland" Podcasts Explore Overtourism at the Park | NPR
- Tips for Millennials on Avoiding Overtourism | UPROXX
- Yosemite Grove Reopens |Mercury News
Mariposa sequoias ready for heavy tourist flow.
- Resource Announced for Natural/Cutural Heritage Conservation | Heritage
The new "Heritage" journal is open-access.
- Travel Industry Begins to Reduce Plastics | Washington Post
- Venice Tests Floodgates—For Tourists | Citylab
Turnstiles would bar daytrippers
- Backlash on Bulgarian Ski Resort Continues | Emerging Europe
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.