These pages archive news and commentary in all categories, collected from the internet. To see our own posts, use the Blog tab.To filter news items by category, use menu subtabs. For example, the “geotourism” section shows only news related to that topic.
- Sorbonne Study: Airbnb Reigns in Reykjavik | Iceland Review
- Overtourism on Santorini "A Huge Problem" | Argophilia
- Do Cruise Ships Cause Overtourism? | CNN
- Overtourism, Climate Change Afflict Lake Baikal | South China Morning Post
- Using Taxes for Overtourism | Skift
Traveler taxes for better management, not marketing
- Landscape Art Helps Rural N Dak | CBS
Huge sculptures attract tourists, doubts
- Sargassum Bedevils Carib Beaches | The Scientist
Fueled by Amazon deforestation?
- Clarksdale Blues Heritage Saved | PBS News Hour
In Mississippi, the true value of cultural tourism.
- Three Overtourism Solutions | ATTA News
- How "Overtourism" Strains Destinations | CBS News
The o-t term is going mainstream.
- Flying vs Global Warming: What To Do? | NY Times
- Tourists See Climate Change in U.S. Parks | Washington Post
- Overtourism Is Blowing Fuses Globally | Atlantic
- Bieber Not To Blame for Icelandic Overtourism | NBC News
At least, not entirely.
- What Overtourism Really Means | Adventure Travel News
- Belize Triples MarineProtected Areas | Ecoclub
- Rise of Overlooked African Parks | WSJ
Spread of safari parks is good news for wildlife.
- Antarctic Tourism Growing—Too Much? | PBS
Even-handed profile of current status.
- European Roundup on Overtourism | Spiegel
- Online Influencers Spoil Paris Charm | Venturebeat
Growing plague: Over-Instagramming.
- Maine's Boothbay Favors Lobsters Over Luxury | Bangor Daily News
- Chinese Tourist Flood Does Little for Cambodia | SCMP
- In Moab: Money vs. Overtourism Control | Salt Lake Tribune
- How To Be a Green Traveler | NY Times
- Komodo Island Closure Debated | Antara News
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.