These pages archive news and commentary in all categories, collected from the internet. To see our own posts, use the Blog tab.To filter news items by category, use menu subtabs. For example, the “geotourism” section shows only news related to that topic.
- Will "No-Fly" Hurt Nature? | LinkedIn
No tourists in Africa = no lions in Africa.
- Tahoe Links Up Kind Traveler Incentive | TravelPulse
- Fodors "NO" List Adds Matterhorn, Big Sur, Hanoi, & More | Fodors
Plus 52 good to go.
- Destinations Snub Hated Tourist Types | CNN Travel
Day-trippers, big groups, "begpackers," hen/stag parties not welcome.
- Controversial Cable Car Approved | Jerusalem Post
Would transport Old City tourists to Western Wall.
- Florida County Bars NY Times, Prompts Boycott | Citrus County Chronicle
Tourist clout in action.
- Tourists Rush to Beat Uluru Climbing Ban | Reuters
Clambering up the sacred rock stops 27 Oct.
- Amsterdam Tourist Tax To Top Any in Eurrope | CNN
Can €3 a night tame overtourism?
- Goa Village Bans Migrants from Tourism | Business Standard
Claim: "The very identity of a Goan is at risk."
- VR Vacations Could Relieve Overtourism | Bloomberg
At least for those averse to crowds.
- Study: DMO Roles Turning Toward Management | Phocus Wire
- High Komodo Fee Will Fight Overtourism | Bloomberg
Good for the dragons, bad for people?
- San Miguel A. To Go Green | Travel Pulse
- Bolsonaro Targets Fernando de Noronha | Washington Post
Would turn the World Heritage island into a new Cozumel.
- Urban-Planning Students Tackle Overtouristed Crete | ABC News
- Tourism Pledges Gain Favor | NY Times
Pleased to see us quoted in this story.
- Get More Out of Travel | Farnam Street
- Europe's Dilemma: Airbnb Yays and Nays | FT
"Touristification" disrupts historic cities.
- How Govts Create Overtourism: Utah | WSJ
- Will Sand Mining Ruin Scenic Utah? | Independent
- UK's Prince Harry Launches Green Travel Scheme | Guardian
- Low Season Travel Spares the Place and the Person | Travindy
- The Dutch Confront Tourism | Atlantic
- European Seaports Resist Cruise Ships | PBS News Hour
- Sorbonne Study: Airbnb Reigns in Reykjavik | Iceland Review
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.