Collected news about destination sustainability around the world.
- Stonehenge's "New Era" | Western Daily Press
One year in, visitor centre is now doing well.
- Drilling Banned in Alaska's Bristol Bay | LA Times
That's nice, but what about the Pebble Mine threat?
- Top 100 Green Destinations Unveiled | Totem Tourism
First credible pass at such a list since the NatGeo surveys
- Famed Galápagos Center May Close Due To Souvenir Spat | Guardian
Charles Darwin Research Station at risk.
- Airbnb Touts its Economic Benefits to LA | LA Times
Can a cheaper, more authentic experience help the economy?
- Tourists’ Tastes Modify Culture | VRAI
Saleability reshapes craft "authenticity." Is that bad?
- New York’s High Line a Success | Washington Post
Urban placemaking via people and plants
- New Lousiana Slavery Museum Raises Questions | Lens
- Would Isle of Wight Tunnel Spoil Island Culture? | CityMetric
Easy access could change destination character
- Undervaluing our Great Walls | MercuryCSC
Tourism quantity vs quality