Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Threat to Colombia's Idyllic Providencia Island | BBC
Beware the proposed airport
- Dying Italian Villages Seek Tourism | NY Times
No overcrowding problem here
- Evicted for Tourism | South China Morning Post
Sterile heritage: Residents forced to leave historic Chikan.
- Crowds "Choke" Edinburgh | Scotsman
And now, festive overtourism.
- Italian Town Imposes Tourist Toll | Guardian
- Discussion: Is Travel Moral? | BBC Radio
45 minutes worth a listen
- New Ghana Event Touts All Things Ghanaian | GBN
- Kiwis Ambivalent About Tourism | Stuff
- Venice Weighs Tourist Limits | NYTimes
- How to Save Over-Loved Cities | Guardian
Two opinions on fixing overtourism: Font on how (above), Becker on who (below)
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.