Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Adopt-a-Monument Plan Draws Fire | India Post
Corporate care vs public neglect?
- Cuba's Conservation "Matrix" Faces Tourism | McGill Intnl
- Tourism CO2 Higher Than Thought | Sci Am
- American Towns Reinvent Themselves | CBS/Atlantic
- 2018 "Tourism for Tomorrow" Winners Named | WTTC
- Indonesia's Fake Selfie Destinations | Jakarta Post
- Crisis Tourism: OK or Never? | Outline
Thoughtful look at tours of trouble.
- Vermont: Hire Our Tourists | US News
- Lake Tahoe Town's War on Rentals | CBS
- Mexico's Bacalar Lagoon Now at Risk | Washington Post
- Maria-Recovery Underway in Dominica | NY Times
- Reimagining Tourism at the Local Level | In the Hills
In Ontario, a thoughtful look at global models
- Berlin Relaxes Airbnb Limits | CN Traveler
- Philippines to Shut Overcrowded Boracay | Skift
6-month closure looms yet govt still calls for more tourists.
- Tour Operators Cope with Overtourism | Afar
- Yunguilla: Ecuador's Misty Ecotourism Success | Washington Post
- Yaks Drafted To Clear Everest Trash | NY Times
- Bulgaria's Pirin NP at Risk | Travindy
- Cruise CEOs Waffle on Overtourism | Skift
- ITB Frets Over Overtourism | DW
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.