Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Tips for Millennials on Avoiding Overtourism | UPROXX
- Yosemite Grove Reopens |Mercury News
Mariposa sequoias ready for heavy tourist flow.
- Resource Announced for Natural/Cutural Heritage Conservation | Heritage
The new "Heritage" journal is open-access.
- Travel Industry Begins to Reduce Plastics | Washington Post
- Venice Tests Floodgates—For Tourists | Citylab
Turnstiles would bar daytrippers
- Backlash on Bulgarian Ski Resort Continues | Emerging Europe
- Greece at Risk from Crowds | Telegraph
- Airbnb Moves to Cope with Overtourism | Skift
- Global Overtourism Strikes NZ | WSJ
WSJ's front page spotlights downside of tourism greed.
- Adopt-a-Monument Plan Draws Fire | India Post
Corporate care vs public neglect?
- Cuba's Conservation "Matrix" Faces Tourism | McGill Intnl
- Tourism CO2 Higher Than Thought | Sci Am
- American Towns Reinvent Themselves | CBS/Atlantic
- 2018 "Tourism for Tomorrow" Winners Named | WTTC
- Indonesia's Fake Selfie Destinations | Jakarta Post
- Crisis Tourism: OK or Never? | Outline
Thoughtful look at tours of trouble.
- Vermont: Hire Our Tourists | US News
- Lake Tahoe Town's War on Rentals | CBS
- Mexico's Bacalar Lagoon Now at Risk | Washington Post
- Maria-Recovery Underway in Dominica | NY Times
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.