This page archives collected news and commentary concerning resources for better stewardship of places, including tourism management.
- Geotourism at Lake Tahoe | HuffPo
Detail on Tahoe's initiative
- Tourism Helps Viet Hill Tribes | ILO
So says Viet ILO office
- Cruise Port Shopping: Benefit or Scam? | HuffPo
Economic benefit or lack thereof
- Sustainable Tourism Marketing Guide due 10 Oct | Green Travel
4th annual how-to from Valere Tjolle at TOTEM TOURISM.
- New Voluntourism e-Guide for Tour Operators
From The International Ecotourism Society, useful for tour operators and destinations engaging in volunteer tourist activities.
- Criteria for Sustainable Destinations—GSTC
How the criteria process works
- The True Cost of Unwalkable Streets – The Atlantic Cities
Perhaps the single most alarming public health trend in the United States today is the dramatic rise in the number of people who are overweight and obese, bringing serious risks of heart disease, diab …
- Yellowstone touted as international economic driver | Wyoming Business Report
Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar points out Yellowstone's World Heritage status drives economic benefit from international tourism.