This page archives collected news and commentary concerning resources for better stewardship of places, including tourism management.
- Saving Great Italian Sites—At a Price | Washington Post
Cost of corporate help: Logo pollution?
- Prof Promotes Geotourism in Michigan | Detroit Free Press
- How to Revitalize Your Town Center | Parade
Fine thumbnail guide. Yes, in Parade.
- New Saudi Geotourism Initiative | TravelDailyME
Combines geology with geographical character
- NatGeo Launches World Legacy Awards with ITB Berlin | NatGeo
Revived awards stress destination sustainability
- Goodall Bemoans Lost Wolves | W Post
At Denali and Yellowstone, losing wolves means losing money. Do tourism folks care?
- Anticruise Forces Team Up | Charleston Courier op-ed
Key West, FL; Charleston, SC; and Venice, Italy join forces against megaships
- Key West Kills Large Cruise Ship Bid | Miami Herald
Anticruise voters deny study for wider channel
- Philly Boulevard Shows Beauty Needs People | WSJ
On foot, that is.
- The Coming Death of Venice? | NY Review
Megatowers, megaships, megacrowds