? Destination Stewardship Report ?
Spring 2021 (2Q )
This quarterly e-newsletter is a collaboration between the Destination Stewardship Center and Global Sustainable Tourism Council, and in time maybe others. Our goal is to provide information and insights useful to anyone whose work or interests involve improving destination stewardship in a post-pandemic world. It’s an all-volunteer experiment, so its success will depend on your interest, feedback, and content contributions. Join us, and help each other. Here’s what the Spring 2021 edition looks like in your email, with links to stories on our web pages. You can subscribe for free here. —Jonathan Tourtellot, Editor
The Spring 2021 feature stories are:
- The Nisga’a of B.C. Offer an Indigenous Tourism Model
- Saving Cultural Heritage: The Singapore Hawkers Case
- Doing It Better: Sedona Arizona
- Once Overrun, Dubrovnik Plans for Sustainability
- Opinion: A Chance to Tame Cruise Tourism
- Japan’s Journey Toward Sustainability
- New App Can Help Destinations
- Measuring Destination Happiness
- Future of Tourism Coalition’s “Reset Tourism” Webinar Series – Destination Stewardship
We hope you enjoy this issue of the Destination Stewardship Report. Please comment on the stories – and submit your own proposal for a future edition.
About Jonathan Tourtellot
CEO, Destination Stewardship Center; Editor, Destination Stewardship Report; Principal, Focus on Places LLC; founding Director, former Nat Geo Center for Sustainable Destinations