Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Arctic Norway Confronts Overtourism | Travel Weekly
- Italian Village Now Charges Tourists Admission | Telegraph
- Norway Plans for Green Cruise Fuel | Arctic Today
Hurtigruten to use biogas in Arctic
- Geotourism Challenges in Western Balkans | Nat Geo Open Explorer
Good and bad news from Albania, Montenegro.
- Bulgaria Encouraged to Save Huge Concrete Oddity | Egypt Today
Is saucerlike Buzludzha an architectural wonder?
- Hue to Seize Parkland for Tourist Complex | Vietnamnet
How not to do ecotourism
- Key West Visionary Dies at 99 | Miami Herald
David Wolkowsky mastered of sense of place
- Paris Bookstalls at Risk | WSJ
UNESCO bid #2
- Paris Bistros at Risk | France 24
UNESCO bid #1
- Colorado: Towns Must Help Feds Cope with Overtourism | Pew
Congressional cuts leave Forest Service crippled.
- Trip Advisor Adds Social "Travel Feed" On Destinations | Adweek
- Seaweed Trashes Caribbean Beaches | Washington Post
Pollution, warming seas fuel invading sargassum.
- Florida Tourism-Killing Red Tide Reeks — of Politics | Washington Post
- Cruise Ship Hits Ground in Canadian Arctic | High North News
Warning shot under the bow for cruise traffic in remote areas.
- Kerala Floods Ruin Tourism, Prompt a Rethink | Khaleej Times
- Critics Assail Crowding on Nayarit Islands | Mexico Daily News
- Hotter Climate May Move European Tourist Season | NBCNews
- TV Show Feeds Overtourism in Cornwall | Cornwall Live
- Amergris Caye Resort vs Marine Reserve | 5Belize
- New Zaryadye Urban Park Draws Praise | Economist
Moscow does manufactured nature right.
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.