Collected news about events and trends affecting the condition of destinations around the world—for better or worse.
- Reimagining Tourism at the Local Level | In the Hills
In Ontario, a thoughtful look at global models
- Berlin Relaxes Airbnb Limits | CN Traveler
- Philippines to Shut Overcrowded Boracay | Skift
6-month closure looms yet govt still calls for more tourists.
- Tour Operators Cope with Overtourism | Afar
- Yunguilla: Ecuador's Misty Ecotourism Success | Washington Post
- Yaks Drafted To Clear Everest Trash | NY Times
- Bulgaria's Pirin NP at Risk | Travindy
- Cruise CEOs Waffle on Overtourism | Skift
- ITB Frets Over Overtourism | DW
- Successful Ecotourism Profiled | World Bank
- Grand Cayman's Stingray City Out of Control | Greenloons
- U.S. Coastal Republicans Resist Trump's Drilling Plans | Washington Post
How tourism can make conservatives conservationists
- Tourism Surge Sparks Controls in Palawan | Business Mirror
Philippines enacts restrictions for El Nido.
- Tourism Rose 7% in 2017, Most in 7 Years | UNWTO
Notably, destination acreage did not expand to receive the influx.
- Tourism-for-Tomorrow Finalists Announced | WTTC
5 categories with 3 contenders each.
- Irma-Ravaged Barbuda Now Faces Mass Tourism Threat | Guardian
- Edinburgh Debates Tourism Boom | The Scotsman
- Instagram Tourism Hurts Redwoods | CBS News
- Istanbul Tourism Key in Haghia Sophia Fight | Irish Times
- Cruise Growth Divides Opinion in Maine's Bar Harbor | NY Times
Yet another overtourism case.
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.