These pages archive news and commentary in all categories, collected from the internet. To see our own posts, use the Blog tab.To filter news items by category, use menu subtabs. For example, the “geotourism” section shows only news related to that topic.
- Hawai'i Funds Community Tourism for 2018 | Travindy
Supports unique local culture, nature, & events.
- Instagram Crowds May Be Ruining Nature | NPR
- DSC Director Tourtellot Profiled in Chile | El Mercurio
- Cuba Seeks Ecotourism Success | PBS
Castro was an environmentalist? Evidently.
- Amsterdam's New Approach to Overtourism | Independent
- Icelandic Nature Needs Tourist-Fee Protection | Iceland Review
- Taj Majal Suffers Tourism Demotion | Washington Post
Muslim-built, it doesn't rate in Modi's Hindu India.
- New EU Site Helps Hotels Go Green | Travindy
- Threat to Colombia's Idyllic Providencia Island | BBC
Beware the proposed airport
- Dying Italian Villages Seek Tourism | NY Times
No overcrowding problem here
- Evicted for Tourism | South China Morning Post
Sterile heritage: Residents forced to leave historic Chikan.
- Opinion: China Should Foment Peace at UNWTO Meet | eTurboNews
- Crowds "Choke" Edinburgh | Scotsman
And now, festive overtourism.
- Italian Town Imposes Tourist Toll | Guardian
- Discussion: Is Travel Moral? | BBC Radio
45 minutes worth a listen
- New Ghana Event Touts All Things Ghanaian | GBN
- Kiwis Ambivalent About Tourism | Stuff
- Venice Weighs Tourist Limits | NYTimes
- How to Save Over-Loved Cities | Guardian
Two opinions on fixing overtourism: Font on how (above), Becker on who (below)
- Governments Must Control Tourism | Guardian
- Kyoto Combats Overtourism | TTG Asia
- Scotland vs Trump, Again | Washington Post
Ungreen golf at issue.
- Geotourism Grants in Delaware River Valley | WFMZ-TV
- Report: Sea Level Rise to Hit U.S. Tourist Coasts | UCS
- 4 Ways To Travel Sustainably | Devex
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.