These pages archive news and commentary in all categories, collected from the internet. To see our own posts, use the Blog tab.To filter news items by category, use menu subtabs. For example, the “geotourism” section shows only news related to that topic.
- Yosemite Grove Reopens |Mercury News
Mariposa sequoias ready for heavy tourist flow.
- Resource Announced for Natural/Cutural Heritage Conservation | Heritage
The new "Heritage" journal is open-access.
- Travel Industry Begins to Reduce Plastics | Washington Post
- Venice Tests Floodgates—For Tourists | Citylab
Turnstiles would bar daytrippers
- Backlash on Bulgarian Ski Resort Continues | Emerging Europe
- Greece at Risk from Crowds | Telegraph
- Airbnb Moves to Cope with Overtourism | Skift
- Global Overtourism Strikes NZ | WSJ
WSJ's front page spotlights downside of tourism greed.
- NY State's Letchworth Region Launches Geotourism Map | LC News
- Adopt-a-Monument Plan Draws Fire | India Post
Corporate care vs public neglect?
- Cuba's Conservation "Matrix" Faces Tourism | McGill Intnl
- Tourism CO2 Higher Than Thought | Sci Am
- American Towns Reinvent Themselves | CBS/Atlantic
- 2018 "Tourism for Tomorrow" Winners Named | WTTC
- Indonesia's Fake Selfie Destinations | Jakarta Post
- Crisis Tourism: OK or Never? | Outline
Thoughtful look at tours of trouble.
- Vermont: Hire Our Tourists | US News
- Lake Tahoe Town's War on Rentals | CBS
- Mexico's Bacalar Lagoon Now at Risk | Washington Post
- Maria-Recovery Underway in Dominica | NY Times
- Reimagining Tourism at the Local Level | In the Hills
In Ontario, a thoughtful look at global models
- Berlin Relaxes Airbnb Limits | CN Traveler
- Philippines to Shut Overcrowded Boracay | Skift
6-month closure looms yet govt still calls for more tourists.
- Tour Operators Cope with Overtourism | Afar
- Yunguilla: Ecuador's Misty Ecotourism Success | Washington Post
Note: We route our news feed via Pinboard. If you see an error message, the Pinboard server may be temporarily down. Just try again later.